On Tuesday 11 November 2003 04:23 pm, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> As I was sitting here staring at "tail -f /var/log/syslog" I saw my
> chkrootkit anacronjob fly by.  At the end of the check, I noticed an email
> sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]   An outtake from my syslog post chkrootkit:

The message is being sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], not [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Sending email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] will fail and go to nobody.  What is
> actually sending this message and where do I find the config file so I can
> correct it to send messages to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Set your hostname appropriately and all messages sent to root should be
delivered to the right person.  You may also create an alias in Postfix
assuming that you have no reason to actually send messages to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Is it postfix itself?  In order to avoid having the mandrake list bounce
> all my mails back at me, I had to setup my local postfix to set "myorigin =
> yahoo.com".  If I set it to be my actual localdomain (ravenhome.net) I will
> lose the ability to post to the expert list.  Is this [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> originating from postfix via this "myorigin" setting?

Well, you could do as I do and set up an alternate transport in Kmail to send
to the list using your ISP SMTP server rather than trying to bounce messages
through Postfix which the Mandrake mailing list appears to dislike, and then
send all other messages through Postfix.  I figure it has something to do
with references to internal networks in the Received headers.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer