On Wednesday 12 November 2003 06:54 am, Derek Jennings wrote:

> > Well, you could do as I do and set up an alternate transport in Kmail to
> > send to the list using your ISP SMTP server rather than trying to bounce
> > messages through Postfix which the Mandrake mailing list appears to
> > dislike, and then send all other messages through Postfix.  I figure it
> > has something to do with references to internal networks in the Received
> > headers.
>
> If you set
> MAIL_WARN=yes
> MAIL_USER=emailaddy
>
> in /etc/security/msec/security.conf then the results of chkrootkit will be
> amalgamated into the daily security emails msec will start sending you.
> The security mails will also  include lists of :-
> config files altered, world writable files, ports
> opened/closesd/authentication violations, and firewall hits.

He is running Postfix, the problem is that the Mandrake Mailing list does not
like messages that are bounced through local mail servers for some reason.
It rejects mine the same as his even though I use a smarthost to relay my
messages so that they pass through my ISP mail servers.  For some reason,
Mandrake mailing list doesn't accept those.  My only solution was to pass the
mails directly through the ISP mail server for only the Mandrake mailing list
and use Postfix for all my other mail which works fine.

If I had to guess, I would guess that the mailing list is setup with some
pretty rabid anti-spam rules of some kind, but that would be just a guess.
My solution to this problem was to cut out the local MX from my chain of
headers and it appears that PA's solution was to masquerade as a regular MX
host to get past that limitation and his current dilemma is a side-effect of
that solution.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer