On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 15:16, Michael Holt wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 14:38, Jack Coates wrote:
>
> > Try watching a mail session with ethereal sometime... it's just telnet
> > to port 25, though a server is faster and has fewer typos than a human.
> > You can send mails though, -- I posted an example of how to do it
> > earlier today, with the Dead Kennedies quote, but I think it's still
> > floating around in Sympa.
>
> Ok, I'll check it out :)  I'm curious though, I'm still unable to get
> through to that address via evolution, but squirrelmail goes through
> just fine.  Telnet to that address gets access denied.  I tried
> telnetting to my own server port 25 and it didn't get denied - so -
> yeah, I believe you.  I'm still confused about why I can't email through
> postfix to that specific email address.  I tried it from my wife's
> laptop using win2k and outlook to my test account and the headers looked
> almost identical to those of evolution.  It obviously works because I'm
> writing to you right now using evolution.  Something in their server is
> rejecting me based on something that is happening differently on
> evolution -- what the heck would it be?  The only thing that I can see
> that would be different would be the "received" lines in the headers.
>
> Any thoughts?

well, I've only sort of been following this, but if one client gets
access denied with telnet to 25 and the other doesn't, then the first is
probably tripping a blacklist rule. Does your wife's laptop connect via
a VPN (hence via a different network)?
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...