>> My users are local users.
>
> It should be easy then:
>
> pwcheck_method: saslauthd  (in smtpd.conf)
>
> check that /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd has
>
> SASL_AUTHMECH=pam (it's the default)
>
> service saslauthd start (to make it permanent chkconfig --add saslauthd)
>
> and then configure the pam method to use in /etc/pam.d/smtp

Thanks. I tried exactly the above and creating smtp as follows.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# more /etc/pam.d/smtp
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth

But still couldn't get it to work (continuous prompt for username/password
from OE). I then changed pwcheck_method: sasldb. I can now send/receive
mail. However, I still have one more question, sasldb means I need to
useradd/passwd to create new users. I also need to add users to cyrus
through cyradm. I need to update two user databases separately. Without
users created locally, I can't seem to login to the user account and access
inbox. Is there a way to simplify this?

Regards,
Norman