On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 09:56, Michael Holt wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 06:47, Jack Coates wrote:
>
> > you assume that they know what they're doing... many people in the IT
> > world don't.
>
> LOL
> I'm working on the 'NMCI' project in Bremerton, WA right now - the
> 'Naval Marine Corps Intranet'.  I believe that there are a few really
> sharp people doing the engineering, but each day my bubble gets a little
> more crushed realizing how true your statement is.
> I just assumed that the people I went to work with new more than I and
> were all professionals...

Yeah, nothing like interviewing job candidates to burst that bubble :-)
There are some very good people out there, but the dangerous ones are
the ones that know just enough to do things but don't know enough to
realize that they shouldn't do that thing.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...