Hi Shaping,

When you install the Windows SDK, it makes a cmd prompt link in the
start menu.  Try compiling it from there.  I think their prompt does
more than just set the PATH, but I haven't researched it.

Once you get nmake working, there's a script that can build and
bootstrap Factor:
build-support\factor.cmd

Doug