On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Balazs Toth <balazs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - is there some accumulated, readable documentation of Factor somewhere? Or
> at least a cheat sheet about the various features of the language? The help
> system is really nice and sufficient as it is if someone already knows what
> he is looking for.

The built-in help, http://docs.factorcode.org and various blogs posts
are what is available.

> - in another thread you are talking about the UI and the adaptation of the
> system by someones supervisor. I would like to adapt the language as a
> supervisor, but cannot do that because of its unreal learning curve and lack
> of a handbook.

The learning curve is not really 'unreal'. I learnt it back when it
had no documentation at all! That aside a printable readable document
would be nice. No one has stepped up to write one yet. There used to
be a 'Factor Handbook' PDF and maybe something like that would still
be useful. Here's the last version I generated from the latex source:

http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/handbook.pdf

(Note that it's way out of date. I just present it to show the type of
thing that might be useful).

> About how reliable are the various features one can read about in the help?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz