On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Balazs Toth <balazs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> thanks for the answer. About the reliability of the features: I am curious
> how often do you stumble upon a feature that is not fully implemented, or not
> implemented in a cross-platform way.

The stuff in basis/ has generally been around the block a few times.
Our web framework in particular drives the Factor project's web sites
along with a few other sites without much fuss. Chris or Slava could
give you more details there. With Factor we try to follow test-driven
development practices. The binary packages on the Factor web site are
generated by a continuous build system that requires all tests to pass
before accepting and publishing a build. when new bugs are reported we
add regression tests to ensure those problems don't arise again. If
you want an arbitrary yardstick to guesstimate feature reliability by,
you could look at the size of a module's test suite.

-Joe