Yes, it's something to change for the next release, not something you can
tweak without a compiler.

All the previous releases are here:
http://downloads.factorcode.org/releases/

I'm not sure which version was last built for winxp though, but probably
.95?

Here's a blog post with the command-line compiler options:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2012/10/08/windows-xp-targeting-with-c-in-visual-studio-2012.aspx

Doug