On Mar 25, 2005, at 6:18 PM, Bob Brigante wrote:

> The only adaption that Maharishi has made to the Gurudakshina is to
> front-load it

The thing is Bob--MMY never set himself up as a Guru. He never gave a
guru mantra--or any of the samayas (vows) which typically go with
guru-diksha.

It's interesting, I was at a Buddhist teaching retreat with an old
yogin who had just come out of the cave monasteries in India. At the
retreat was an old Buddhist practitioner who was Mike Love's personal
roadie. He had accompanied Mike to India with Maharishi. From a
Buddhist it was interesting to hear his reaction to this Hindu "holy
man". Let's just say, he acknowledged the guy had siddhis and was very
psychic but one thing was clear: he was not very "holy".

It was an eye-opener for me and just part of a long process of learning
the truth.