> So the other Shankaracharyas are chopped liver? The
> fact that Swaroop had face time with Guru Dev doesn't
> mean anything. Guru Dev's master had many disciples,
> but we only hear about Guru Dev because good disciples
> are few and far between. In other traditions, Judas
> was a disciple, too, but just not a very good one. I
> would suggest the litmus test for whether Swaroopanand
> is a legitimate Shankaracharya would be if he supports
> Maharishi's campaign to enlighten the world -- since
> he obviously does not, then darkness has placed him in
> a seat that his level of consciousness does not
> qualify him for.

Swaroopanand Ji was not just another devotee, he was one of the inner
circle of chelas.

There are several very useful books available of Shantanand Ji,
another of Gurudev's chelas,  from the Study Society.

But the test of a good disciple of Gurudev is not necessarilly
that 'we' hear about them.

And actually 'we' do not hear about Guru Dev. That is why he has his
own webpage on my site
http://www.paulmason.info/gurudev/gurudev.htm