The response went off-line & I post the missing posting

> > I asked you to present evidence that there was
> more than one person
> > acting as Shankaracharya (whether he claims the
> title to two maths
> or
> > not -- disputed claims, one might add) who was
> opposed to
> Maharishi.
>
> I quote SwaroopanandJi because he is a direct
> disciple of Guru Dev
> and he is also Shankaracharya. If there were another
> Shankaracharya
> who was also a direct disciple of Guru Dev I would
> quote him also.

So the other Shankaracharyas are chopped liver? The
fact that Swaroop had face time with Guru Dev doesn't
mean anything. Guru Dev's master had many disciples,
but we only hear about Guru Dev because good disciples
are few and far between. In other traditions, Judas
was a disciple, too, but just not a very good one. I
would suggest the litmus test for whether Swaroopanand
is a legitimate Shankaracharya would be if he supports
Maharishi's campaign to enlighten the world -- since
he obviously does not, then darkness has placed him in
a seat that his level of consciousness does not
qualify him for.

> Without offering a shred of evidence, you suggest
> that Swaroopanand's
> motive for criticising his guru-bhaiee 'Mahesh Yogi'
> is jealousy? I
> was hoping for a better profile of the situation.

That's very funny -- I'm supposed to supply "evidence"
for a very common human motivation? MMY is world
famous, Swaroopananda has spent years in courts
battling for the little recognition he has -- I think
that jealousy is an obvious possibility, but whether
it is jealousy or mere malice, Swaroopananda is no
friend of humanity.