--- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 3/25/05 11:56 PM, Bob Brigante at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Until you know that: Maharishi slept on the floor
> at the foot of Guru
> > Dev's bed; people do not follow "rigorous diets,"
> but in fact choose
> > what they want to eat; development of
> consciousness does not require
> > any devotion to a guru; the reporters at the White
> House stand up
> > when the President enters the room; Maharishi does
> not attempt to
> > direct every aspect of a person's life (but
> instead says "do as you
> > feel to do"); advised only a few people like Larry
> Domash not to get
> > married (because he would be able to devote more
> time and energy to
> > the TM movement, a reasonable suggestion for a key
> employee);
> > Ayurveda does not make extreme suggestions for
> improving health.
> >
> > The guru-disciple relationship is much more close
> than what anybody
> > has with MMY. If you read about MMY's relationship
> with Guru Dev,
> > then you understand what it truly implies:
> >
> > http://geocities.com/bbrigante/spiritual.html#dev
> >
> No one can be a personal guru to the masses, but
> you're kidding yourself if
> you don't think he had a very close guru/diciple
> relationship with the inner
> circle. Bevan, Neil, Nand Kishore, Rindi, Tony
> Nader, and others. In fact,
> he said to a friend of mine, "There comes a time
> when the guru decides to
> get personally involved in the life of the
> disciple." For a core group of
> people, that involvement has been going on for
> decades.

As I get more involved with Punditji it's becoming
clearer and clearer that there is an inner and an
outer relationship with the guru. The outer
relationship means, essentially, nothing. You can tell
absolutely nothing of the inner relationship from the
outer relationship of another. We know nothing of the
inner relationship Bevan, Tony, or the dedicated
"renegade" TM teacher has with MMY. The inner
relationship is the important one and that is
profoundly personal and only known to you and YOU(the
guru).
-Peter