On Apr 1, 2005, at 3:42 PM, peterklutz wrote:

> Reading the postings on this site on FFL makes me wonder if not the
> incessant talking and over-intellectualization is actually an obstacle
> to realization.
>
> Probably better of spending the time meditating..

Well, in general, clarity of View (darshana) is important. Fruit
(enlightenment) depends on correct View. So it's important to gain
certainty as to what the View is. Some schools use debate, in a
specific format, to investigate reality. Others may elaborate a
graduated path and others may simply have progress check andguided by
someone who's 'been there, done that'.

The danger of incorrect View is mistaking something other than
enlightenment for the "real thing". One of the beauties of the
Patanjali/Samkhya system is it is incredibly detailed way to integrate
everything, very systematically.