> The sense of "me-ness" or "i-ness" comes from ahamkara, the "i-maker".
> Ahamkara is shakti, the kundalini shakti herself. Whatever "masks" she
> wears are subtle and profound aspects of this same yogic ego. There is
> something else, shakti's mate, which must grow in relation to the
> unfoldment of "her" otherwise you end up attaching to these relative
> aspect of "her" (the ego). Many imagine they are enlightened and
> describe a vast array of subtle "experiences", celestial messages,
OOBE etc. These are just expansion at the level of the ego.
Ego-display. It's only when you expand enough to encompass ALL of it
in a non-dual stance that you stop being conditioned by the "stress"
that's causing  the shakti-experience to arise in the first places.
These things have to arise from a "cause". You want to go beyond that
cause. If you can, it dissolves immediately.

> The problem with the TM-Sidhi method is that samyama, once attained,
> automatically awakens this power-behind-"I-ness". It awakens the
> shakti. Thus you tend to get a lot of egomaniacs spouting from the
POV  of their shakti experiences--their subtle egos.

> In traditional methods samyama is not taught on the formulae of pada
> three first. It's taught so as to quickly cultivate the "witness".
If  this is not done first you end up very possibly enslaving yourself
to  the subtle ego--all the while declaring your enlightenment from
any nearby footstool.

Vaj,

This along with your prior comments on darshana (view) as preceeding
but not the same as experience is clarifying. its interesting that
some proclaim they are in BC and that Brahman is an "understanding"
not an experience. This sounds like a darshana. What is your
traditions' and teachers' perspective on this?

Could it be possible that one could become absorbed in a darshana of
Brahman -- and this enlivens shakti to some degree? And you then get a