[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 10/4/07 8:52:46 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> a  message dated 10/3/07 10:48:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   writes:
>>
>> Being a few pounds overweight is one thing, but to be  morbidly
>>
> obese,
>
>> like Bevan has been for many years, is a sign of  some real mental
>> health issues, and he's not the only looney tunes in  the TM mgmt
>> lineup. I think it's important to give these guys a  reality check
>> once in a while in the middle of that non-stop "we are  the masters
>>
> of
>
>> the universe" song and dance, which will be true  some day, but
>> certainly not today.
>>

>> He really aught to look into Gastric by pass, seriously. I can  only
>>
> imagine
>
>> the number of co-morbidities he  has.
>>

> ***************************************
>
> As  bad as his overeating problem is, I think he should manage it in
> an  ayurvedic way. Gastric bypass is dangerous -- although studies
> vary in  estimating the risk, this link claims 1 in 50 people die
> within a year  after bypass, and it's worse if the surgeon is not
> hightly  experienced:
>

> Problem is, it's obvious he hasn't been able to manage it at all.  Otherwise,
> he wouldn't have the weight problem he has. Gastric by pass isn't  near as
> risky as some would have you believe. Death from the surgery is down to  less
> than one in a hundred and most of those that die are the super morbidly
> obese,
> 500 pounds and higher with horrible co-morbidities. In other words people
> who
> are on death's door anyway. There are plenty of surgeons all over the
> country that are specializing in this surgery now. I had it done on May 22nd
> and
> have lost over 80 pounds since and am off all medications I needed before,
> blood
>  pressure, cholesterol,,joint pain medication and off the C-pap. I have much
> more  energy, sleep better, no back or joint pain and on top of that my
> meditations  have been much better since. But... it's a decision that only he
> can
> make and if  he ever asked me I would encourage him to research it and talk
> Doctors who  specialize in it and also talk with several people who have had
> it
> done. It will  change his life for sure.

For his heritage he probably eats way too many carbs.  You can't eat
like an Indian unless you are Indian.  He could drop weight on a low
carb diet.  Carbs make you want to eat more carbs and those extra carbs
get put on as fat.   By reducing carbs you also get the body's fat
burning metabolism back in shape.  After awhile a person will come back
into their own natural carb/protein/fats allotment. Probably the TMO is
hazardous to his health and he should run not just walk away from it.
But he's probably too old for that.  :)

I'm glad you are pleased with the surgery but I find many of these
western allopathic "experiments" somewhat ridiculous.