What, exactly, is a bija mantra anyway?

> Do bija mantras always have to be recieved in one-on-one
> initiation from a genuine tantric guru? Are bija mantras
> effective if you find them in a book?
>
> Why all the secrecy about bija mantras?

I think by getting an initiation from from a TM Teacher,or from
genuine tantric guru - if you can find one, you are removing all the
uncertainty. I transcended for the first time 3 days after
learning,so for me TM is a sure thing.
I don't agree with the price for learning nowadays,and I think the
TMO is weird,but for me the technique is still brilliant.
I regularly chant longer mantras for different purposes in life,but
always do my twice daily 20mins of TM.

Tantrics tend to chant mantras internally.All mantras can be used
without initiation,but they are more effective when given by a
realised guru or with his blessing.

Billy

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"