From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of nablusoss1008
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 2:19 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Fwd: [examma] Re: Facts & Evidence (MORE LINKS)

--- In HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
"feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I doubt whether anyone on this list will react much to this. If it had
> been a report connected with any Maharishi operation, the posts would
> have gone on for days about how corrupt and evil the TM movement is.
> But Amma is likely to get a pass from those here who reserve their
> most virulent hatred for one who was originally their benefactor.
> Strange, isn't it?

Indeed. From Rick Archer et al there is only thundering silence when
it comes to "truths" about Amma. (Which I question by the way)
The gossip, outright lies and rumours are reserved for the Movement.
It's called double standards or hypocrecy. It is backfireing on him now.

Largely a matter of time, Nabsters. Too little of it to spend much on FFL.
getting this stuff is for folks who just want to wallow around in their own
muck. That group states in its description that “Devotee rebuttals” are not
permitted. It adds that “This group is tightly moderated to maintain a safe,
nurturing environment for expression and discussion,” which means that
anyone attempting to rebut the accusations made there will have their posts
deleted. A more balanced group is HYPERLINK
"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ammachi_free_speech_zone"http://groups.yahoo.
com/group/ammachi_free_speech_zone, where criticisms are welcome, but open
discussion is allowed. Bronte might want to consider posting her stuff
there.

Like any enlightened person, Amma is both human and cosmic. Your humanness
doesn’t disappear when your cosmic nature dawns. When I criticize things MMY
has done, it doesn’t mean I don’t regard him as a mahatma. Like MMY, Amma
has health problems, although her organization doesn’t try to hide them. She
has diabetes, is somewhat overweight, has diminished lung capacity from a
bout of viral pneumonia she got several years ago, and is in a lot of pain
from the repetitive motion of hugging millions of people.

She also has a human personality. Her formal education ended in the 4th
grade when her parents took her out of school to become a family servant. So
she’s not a refined, education Indian woman like, say, Karunamayi. She’s of
a low caste and grew up in a fishing village, so her language is sometimes
coarse. She’s known to have a fiery temper, although I’ve never seen it
displayed in my 8 years of visiting her. Her favorite movie is “Beethoven,”
about the St. Bernard dog, and when she can, she watches an Indian soap
opera in which a devotee stars.

Regarding accusations of corruption in her organization, there’s a lot of
corruption in India. The police and politicians are always on the take. Amma
has a large organization with a lot of money flowing through it and she puts
a lot of time and attention into making sure that the money is handled
responsibly. I’m sure there have been instances where it hasn’t been, but
she does what she can to prevent those.

There have been suicides in her ashram. Anyone is welcome there. Thousands
live there and 10’s of thousands come and go. On several occasions, unstable
people have taken their lives. The rumors of some fanatical devotees in New
Delhi roughing up some people who wanted to take down their Amma signs may
be true for all I know. You’ll find fanatics in any organization, but on the
whole, I have found the quality of the people around Amma, especially those
closest to her, to be exemplary.

Weigh all the dirt you can find with the good that is done: HYPERLINK
"http://amma.org/humanitarian-activities/index.html"http://amma.org/humanita
rian-activities/index.html.

Anyway, I’m not the most qualified Amma defender. I just go see her a couple
of times a year, and have never been to her ashram in India. People are
welcome to post what they like here, but those who really want to get into a
serious discussion would probably do best to start it in HYPERLINK
"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ammachi_free_speech_zone"http://groups.yahoo.
com/group/ammachi_free_speech_zone, where they will find people much better
informed than I, both pro- and anti-Amma.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
7:54 PM