--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander

> never behave as the twin towers did<<<
>
> This is almost surreal. For a start, how much data about planes
> hitting buildings can their possibly be in order to make such a
> statement?

When somebody says something like this, you have
to wonder about all the *other* things they claim
to have seen.

<snip>
> They only fell
> down because the designers hadn't taken account of the
> vibrations a plane would cause if it collided

I'm not sure this is correct, though. I've never
heard anything about vibrations having brought
the towers down. After all, quite some time
elapsed between the time each tower was hit and
when it collapsed (almost an hour and a half for
the north tower, a little under an hour for the
south tower).

Furthermore, as I understand it, the towers were
designed specifically to withstand the impact of
a plane--just not a plane as big as those that
hit them.

> 9/11 took the world by surprise, even the Israeli secret service
> didn't have a contingency plan for people using hi-jacked aircraft
> as suicide bombs.

There may not have been a contingency plan, but
the possibility of hijacked planes being used as
suicide bombs on tall buildings was most definitely
considered a possibility for quite some time before
9/11.

 There was no immediate response from the government
> because it was over before anyone had worked out (or could even
> believe)what was going on, not because they wanted or had planned
> it

Then again, the infamous "Rebuilding America's
Defenses" paper put out in 2000 by the neocon
Project for a New American Century contains
this sentence:

"The process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary
change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and
catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor."

"Wanted or planned it" is one thing; welcomed
it might be quite another. Refrained from taking
steps to stop it might be yet another.

And there are bits and pieces of evidence that
some in the administration and elsewhere *did*
know something big was about to happen that day.

<snip>
> Of course the targets were symbolic, what greater experession of
> American global reach and power than the world trade centre.
> Remember that Al-queda's main goal is an end to American
> interference in Arab affairs? It's the most obvious target and
> designed for immediate dramatic effect. It worked too, some people
> can't accept the raw viciousness of it and have to start wildly
> theorising about govt plots, shape shifting reptiles ancient
> orders of atlantean monks who secretly rule the world.

I'm with you in rejecting the notion that the
administration planned and carried it out. I
don't reject out of hand, however, the possibility
that there was some foreknowledge, or at least
some "benign neglect" in terms of taking measures
to protect the U.S. from *some* kind of major
terrorist attack.

<snip>
> because especially in America there is no academic freedom to write
> and publish anything you like.>>>>>
>
> Damn right there is no freedom to publish anything you like, you
> have to provide evidence for a start, and demonstrate you're
> qualified to assess the evidence, it's called peer-review and it's
> a good way to start working out what is from what isn't.

That's true in the academic/scholarly field, but
not the case at all in the area of popular
publishing, not to mention on the Web.

> I've yet to read a conspiracy theory that didn't say more about
> the people writing it.

As I've said here before, I strongly suspect that
there's a great deal of *disinformation* put out
by those with something to hide, for the express
purpose of sidetracking folks like Angela and Bronte
and Bhairitu into pursuing loony conspiracy theories
instead of the real dirt.