--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Judy,
>
> About oil.
>
> The level of discussion here seems to be kiddie gossip compared
> to the set-of-complexities that we seem to be ignoring.

It's a very complicated issue, no question about it.

http://www.valdostamuseum.org/hamsmith/IraqWar.html

> Tell me if you think this guy's a conspiracy nut or if he's cogently
> summing up the situation.

I just skimmed it; most of it seemed to be things
I've heard before. I have no reason to think he's
a conspiracy nut. On the other hand, it appeared to
me that he's supporting my point: we want to *control*
the oil, not destroy any good sources of it; oil is
in too short supply to risk curtailing the supply any
further.

If we were to attempt to restrict anybody else's
supply, we'd do it by not letting them have access
to the oil rather than by destroying its source.

  This Web page is a bit dated having been