Hi, Hughes, I did read that post, and thanks. Good for you for going
to the bother of doing some research. I respect your opinions, even
where I disagree, and have that book you recommend on my reading
list.

Best regards,
- Bronte

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "brontebaxter8"
> <brontebaxter8@> wrote:
> >

> Hey Bronte, did you miss my post "David Icke - the verdict" from a
> week ago? Perhaps it's worth the effort to find it as it might shed
> bit of light on DI and his thought processes, all my own opinions
of
> course but I'd be interested to see if you agree with me on any of
it.

> I have a good reading suggestion for you as well, which will give
you
> a different perspective on life for sure.
>

> > I think we ARE shell-shocked. We are in denial. When someone
moves
> > past confusion that into a radical understanding or solution,
they
> > are hooted down as crazy or anti-American. David Icke, for
example.
> > Here's a guy who has connected all the dots in a brilliant way
that
> > deserves real consideration, but all you have to do is MENTION
that
> > name to get branded as (quoting a former friend) "a bug-eyed cult
> > zombie." People are scared to think outside the box, because of
the
> > implications. Things are so seriously cockeyed and wrong, that
even
> > to peak over the edge of the box is practically terrifying.
Better
> > pretend things are fine, have friendly debates about what
political
> > candidate will save America, and totally disregard the problems
> that
> > go so deep no phony political system can ever address them.
> >
> > We have a two-party system? "The people" elect the president? Our
> > last election proved both concepts to be illusions. Two
> presidential
> > candidates, from "opposite" parties, who "never knew each other"
at
> > their shared alma mater, Yale, though they were just a year apart
> and
> > in the same elite Yale secret society! The electoral college
> decides
> > who gets elected, not the people. Democracy is an illusion and
has
> > been for a long time.
> >
> > How is it we miss that? For one thing, because we're told how
free
> we
> > are, by the very people who run the show for us. Because they
give
> us
> > a "two-party system" that allows only the people who are one of
> them
> > to make it to the top, filtering out all genuine people as
> candidates
> > long before the time of the national vote. Keep 'em busy arguing
> over
> > who's better, Obama or Hillary, and do whatever you like behind
the
> > scenes to tighten the snare a little more around freedom,
because,
> > who's really watching? The press ideofies anyone with intelligent
> > criticism -- Icke for example again. Embarrass him on national
> > television, twist his words and get everyone laughing at him, and
> no
> > one will hear the little voice of a man who saw through
deceptions
> no
> > one else was sharp enough to question.
> >
> > You are right to be outraged. You have great integrity. Keep
> shoving
> > it in our face, and eventually the very discomfort of that has to
> > wake people up. It's not a popular position, but a heroic one.
Such
> [...]
> > > a flag of desperation for today's downtrodden.
> > >
> > > I think it is an example of important whining that has
conceptual
> > > clout and deserves to be repeated endlessly until the situation
is
> > > rectified.  In it I present one of the most repugnant concepts
> I've
> > > ever put into words here, but not a single person here
reacted.

> > > How to interpret this silence?  I think most of us are shell
> shocked
> > > -- too banged up to care about the injustices of the world --
> merely
> > > treading the water lost in a sea of political impotency.
> > >
> > > I could have written the essay as a sugary sweet cheerleading
for
> > the
> > > love-virtues that need to be supported in the culture's
> > consciousness,
> > > but I doubt that such an essay would have gotten any responses
> here
> > > either.  In fact, I've posted MANY wonderfully sweet tales and
> poems
> > > and "cool ideas," but I've gotten flamed here more often than
> patted
> > > on the back.  My karma, but, so too has everyone here posted
> > > unrequitedly about their POVs.
> > >
> > > When it comes to neighborliness, we're in short supply.
> > >
> > > I don't need pats on the back cuz I do that for myself far
better
> > than
> > > anyone here could, cuz I am a good writer/narcissist with a
> jyotish
> > > chart to prove it, but geeze I keep coming here and posting
what I
> > > consider to be emotionally involving, well presented, POVs
about
> > core
> > > truths of life, and, like everyone here attempting the same
kind
> of
> > > community scholarship, flames or zilch is the common reward
> instead
> > > of, you know, a group discussion storming inside our heads for
> days
> > > with ever fractaling nuances as we move to unity of opinion.
> Whew,
> > > wouldn't that be something new for us here!!!
> > >
> > > Okay, here's that post.  You tell me:  is it mere whining or a
> > > standing up for cultural improvement?
> > >
> > > Edg
> > >
> > > Are you for war?
> > >
> > > I think this upcoming vote is a critical "taking of America's
> > psychic
> > > temperature," and, given that Hillery is leading in the polls,
and
> > > that the Dems have not confronted BushCo with any potency, I am
> > > dumbfounded that anyone would vote for either Dems or Repubs --
> > > they're all so obviously in the grasp of GlobalBiz.
> > >
> > > Hillary's lead can only be real if the heart and soul of
America
> [...]
> > > roils billions into every sort of negativity?
> > >
> > > Who hasn't seen a napalmed baby in a ditch or its equivalent
> EVERY
> > DAY
> > > MANY TIMES ON EVERY CHANNEL?
> > >
> > > Jack Baur doing a waterboarding -- that's PRIME TIME -- KIDS
> > WATCHING
> > > TOO - THAT'S OUR ENTERTAINMENT???????
> > >
> > > Spending half a trillion dollars on pillaging the lives of
> hundreds
> > of
> > > millions of innocents while America's downtrodden poor cringe --

> > this
> > > is politely talked about on CNN like, well, just like how good
> > loving
> > > Nazi families talked about Krystalnacht around the nightly
dinner
> > > table, right?
> > >
> > > 2012 cannot come fast enough, but how dangerous is this long
fall
> > > towards it? After the masses realize that the tipping point
> happened
> > > way before anyone noticed, after the noticing starts, panic in
the
> > > streets might be the most common response as folks everywhere go
> > > through the stages of grief.
> > >
> > > 1. Denial: "It can't be happening. America isn't a fascist state
> > > that tortures, invades, imperializes."
> > > 2. Anger: "Who let this happen? Off with their heads!"
> > > 3. Bargaining: "Just don't rock the boat. They're still letting
us
> > > vote, and they'll change presidents soon, and maybe we can all
> get
> > along."
> > > 4. Depression: "Globalbiz cannot be beat. A trillion gallons of
> > > tattoo ink will be used to stamp 666 on every forehead."
> > > 5. Acceptance: "It's going to be OK. 2012 is just around the
> > corner."
> > >
> > > I'll tell ya, America has never had a Bastille Day, but I think
> that
> > > the powers of GlobalBiz are pushing our culture way too fast,
and
> > the
> > > masses are not being given enough assimilation time for each
> erosion
> > > to our Bill of Rights. Is the pressure mounting so much that
the
> > poor
> > > will do an uprising? I doubt it, but how then will all that
stress
> > > show itself in our culture?
> > >
> > > More bad, lots more bad, right?
> > >
> > > I'll tell ya, voting for Dennis Kucinich just ain't a gonna cut
> it
> > for
> > > me. Even he wouldn't suggest the death penalty for Bush, right?
> > >
> > > So here's what I can do: if anyone, ANYONE even slightly
suggests
> > > that mass carnage is acceptable, that Hillary is not as evil as
> > Bush,
> > > I'm going to start raging, screaming, ranting, on the spot.
Yeah,