--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
> > <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@>

> lot
> > > here
> > > >

> > > If an organisation as rich as the TMO is asking people who
have
> > > already donated money for housing/travel etc, to provide
winter
> > > clothes for children they haven't even seen I would say that's
> > enough
> > > of a story for most newspapers to make a meal of, or at least
ask
> > > enough questions to find out the truth that people in
fairfield
> > > should really know already.
> > >
> > > If this happened in England the government would have social
> > security
> > > banging on the dome doors demanding to see these underclothed
> > > children immediately ...or else.
> > >
> > You should get in touch with reporters then and see where this
> goes.
> > All I see now is a pile of assumptions, including the one about
the
> > rich TMO, which I have always felt is pretty much a poor
> > organization, nowhere near as wealthy as say the Red Cross.
> >

> Jim, if it was my country I would IF I thought children were going
> cold in an org as rich as this one. The TMO is loaded, just think
how
> much land/buildings they've bought recently and how much
the "rajas"
> pay for the priviledge. There is tons of money but no harm in
trying
> to get a bit more out of the faithful.

Fair enough-- btw I'm the last one to say the TMO manages money
well, or what their motives are in raising it. I continue to have
the impression that there is not as much $$$ as they act like there
is. Maybe its because their PR is pretty unsophisticated and they
always make such a big deal out of money, that it reminds me of the
approach of a 3rd world country trying to convince everyone else
that they are a major player economically.