2007/12/8, Richard J. Williams

So, you're saying that in India, the effortless aspect of mantra meditation
practice is not widespread, as explained by MMY. That's what I said; Judy
agreed.

I agree too, but this isn't sort of black – white situation. As I said there
are many explanations about what effortless and what concentration is in
spiritual practice of India. This is big topic and situation is different
from one to another guru parampara. I will stick to the TM… advanced TM
techniques are not purely effortless. The point which I wanted to bring up
was emphasis on the devotional aspect of spiritual practice in India in
comparison with TM where devotional aspect is excluded.

So, why do you suppose that the two Barry's and Vaj the Nath deny this?

I am not Barry's and Vaj advocate.

Almost every TM teacher that I've met has agreed with this and that's what
they teach.

I will say again that advanced TM techniques are not purely effortless and
almost every TM teacher that I've met has agreed with this.

Ive been to India and my experience was that most teachers there teach
concentration, especially the tradition of Swami Sivananda.
If you analyze what SBS was teaching you will agree that he was teaching
concentration.

Somebody has brought this up here: "According to Swami Vishnudevanada, you
should concentrate on the tip of your nose or on your navel."