> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wgm4u@> wrote:

> <snip>
> > However, to rule out the word effort entirely would be a mistake
> > as well IMO, it has commonly been referred to as an *effortless
> > effort* which would be accurate.
>
> This is MMY's phrase, and it would be important to
> have the full context in which he uses it. It isn't
> clear to me that "effortless effort" means "just a
> little effort," nor is that my experience of TM. I
> suspect he had something else in mind.

So do I. I've seen the phrase repeated here many times but never
accompanied by any full context. As a TM teacher trained by Maharishi
in 1970, I never heard him use the words "effortless effort" and I
would like to see the exact full context he is claimed to have used it in.

But it's refreshing to see BillyG's reminder of the important and
critical specific difference in Maharishi's TM intsruction compared to
'any' other meditation instruction.