On Dec 13, 2007, at 5:54 AM, t3rinity wrote:

Vaj or one of his friends expressed, that Samyama is not restricted to
Siddhis, and that this was refereing to a higher technique to attain
Samadhi. So I looked up in the commentary of Vyasa, and found that he
said that beginners should practise not the higher Forms of Samyama,
but should start with the lower forms - the Siddhis. (The Siddhis were
also called lower forms of attainmenment)

I thought that the gudhartha-dipika specifically stated samyama on atma (atma-samyama). You seem to be changing that message-- but if you have a quote or a verse I'd like to hear it.