> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

Curtisdeltablues

> > > Pot. Kettle. Black.
> > >
> > > If we had a nickel for every time YOU
> > > have done this, we'd be able to afford
> > > to payt the two shyster-Governors to
> > > tell us how high we are.  :-)
> >
> > No, see, the "black" here is to do it
> > *cluelessly*, the way Angela does it--
> > and the way you do it as well. Both of
> > you are so convinced of your own
> > wonderfulness, of your own self-
> > importance, that you don't think you
> > need to pay attention to what people
> > actually say.
>
> As opposed to...uh...reacting to having
> it pointed out that you do *exactly* the
> same thing you're accusing Angela of, and
> far more frequently, by getting all uppity
> and defensive?  :-)

This is an example, BTW, of what I'm talking
about: You didn't pay attention to what I
actually said, so your comment is a non
sequitur.

> I think the "black" that you're trying to
> convey is that you are always RIGHT when you
> claim to know what someone here is "really"
> thinking when they post, or what their "real"
> intent was behind the post, or when you add
> one of your famous "Translation:" comments
> to change what the poster actually said into
> what you think they said.  :-)

Nope, not always (another example). But I'm a
lot better at it than you or Angela, because I
*pay attention* to what people say and base my
remarks on that rather than just consulting my
imagination.