<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <snip>
> >
> > Jeez, give 'em a *break*. They've got to be in very
> > intense emotional shape right now, and it'll probably
> > be a while before they get themselves together again.
>
> OK voice of compassion.  I can always appreciate that.  The
> truth is that this theological claim really shook me out of
> that kinder gentler vibe.  I remember when Bevan first
> announced what Raja Ram said and I felt the poetic beauty of
> it.  But I am also getting reports from Fairfield about how
> man of them also "experience" that Maharishi is not gone but
> is everywhere and inside them.  And now that this theological
> claim has been made, they can never take it back. Bevan crossed
> that line from metaphor to doctrine and I can't help but see
> the cascading consequences.  This isn't the first time a dead
> leader could speak through his followers specifically remember.

I think it's distinctly possible it'll stop short
of that. To my knowledge, at least, MMY didn't
make claims about taking direction from Guru Dev
from day to day. I wouldn't be surprised if TBs
start receiving "messages" from MMY in dreams and
such, but I doubt they'll be encouraged by the
movement suits. And if the suits get such
communications, I suspect they'll be kept within
suitdom and not used to lend authority to official
pronouncements.

And with regard to "Maharishi is not gone but is
everywhere and inside them," that isn't an uncommon
sense among the bereaved, that the loved one they
lost is still with them. Nor is the notion that one's
guru lives in one's heart particularly weird. I don't
see why this requires some major change in doctrine,
as long as it doesn't go beyond that. I have the
sense this is dicing the "theology" of it too finely.

> But thanks for the human reminder Judy.  I hear ya.  I just
> wish they hadn't made this move so soon.  I was enjoying the
> compassion I felt before this announcement.  Now I feel a
> sense of dread.

I can't imagine that anyone who was close to MMY at
one time isn't going to go through changes for a while.
But they're really just moods; take 'em as they come!
Try not to engrave them in stone.