--- Kirk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  and I've always wondered about the
> >> strong anti-Chopra feelings I've seen expressed
> >> on groups like this one.
>
> ------Well, Ayurveda became a focal point in the mid
> eighties. First we saw
> all the vaidyas, then later yet we got Chopra for a
> spell. he seemed to me
> like a latecomer to the TMO who Maharishi went on to
> pet calling him
> Dhanvantara of the New Age specifically. We were
> more like - who is this?
> And he gave the graduation speech for my class there
> in 87. I was like - who
> is he? So I always felt a bit like he was a faker.
>
> But I liked some things in the letter he wrote. And
> obviously if Oprah likes
> him he's inviolable because she's never wrong. ;)

Kirk, did you notice that Chopra, as a mouthpiece for
MMY's teaching, got it wrong a lot? I used to listen
to him at various TMO events and realize that he
didn't have a clear understanding of what Maharishi
was talking about. I think this is because he didn't
spend all that time watching tapes on TTC, ATR's, etc.
He wasn't "steeped in the knowledge". Several tapes I
saw with him and MMY, Maharishi would correct him when
he was talking from time to time.