<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for your comments about what I wrote, very insightful. I
> especially dug when you talked about people projecting special power
> on to you.  And you knew it!  Good for you.

> I'm still working it all out. I don't have a model of "enlightenment"

I do currently have a model of enlightenment and what's interesting is
that it's a far cry from what Maharishi presented to us.  It has more
to do with the dropping away of the illusion of separation/doership.
Of course one can find concepts in Maharishi's talks/books that would
seem to be about that, but his focus on relative perfection makes me
feel he wasn't really getting at what interests me.  It's fascinating
to find myself having lost my interest in his descriptions of the
states of consciousness when once I was so enamored with that.  It
feels as if my path has taken me into a whole different universe.

> these days really so I am back to the physiological stuff when
> thinking about Maharishi. I believe he was functioning in a different
> way than I am but so is Donald Trump.  I don't have to  ascribe a
> pathology to recognize that he and I are cut from radically different
> cloth psychologically.

Actually, I don't like ascribing pathology to anyone, so not sure how
that came up except that idea -- of being able to act exactly as
someone would want you to be -- had been mentioned in regard to Scott
Peterson.

And, much as I don't like to admit it, I'm not so sure I'm cut from a
radically different cloth psychologically from Maharishi...

 I don't buy the simple con theory. I think he
> believed most of his rap.

Yes

 The gap is where the weirdness of all of us
> got reflected back to him due to his role with us all.  Just as you
> described in your teaching experience.
>
> > >But he also didn't end up a billionaire with an
> > > uncompleted Gita commentary by accident...
> >
> > Didn't follow this -- please explain!
> >

> I just mean that he was money motivated at a Trumplike level.  You
> don't get that rich by accident, it takes tremendous focus.  Likewise,
> despite his claim to loving knowledge more than anything, he never
> finished most of his long term mental projects.  If you spend day
> after day with him it is like chasing an ADD child, but leaving actual
>  human lives in his wake.

Interesting...

> Nice rap man, I'll keep an eye out for your posts.

This is the first group I've participated in.  Still getting the hang
of it and am overwhelmed by the volume of posts (was even before MMY's
death increased the activity).  Wanted to reply here, though, because
this line of conversation really interests me, and it's been helpful
to think/feel some things out here.  Thanks!

And by the way, I'm not a man...