--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tertonzeno" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> ---The traditional "expectation" angle doesn't make much sense
> in terms of the obvious economic laws. The bottom line: get
> results or you're outta here. Expectation is an ingrained
> behavior prevalent in all evolutionary pathways of sufficiently
> advanced organisms. Can you feature a mountain lion chasing a
> coyote without expectation of results?

MMY was real clear in his Gita commentary on this
point, though, that not having expectations doesn't
mean you aren't highly motivated to succeed.

If the mountain lion doesn't catch the coyote, does
it sit around being disappointed and beating up on
itself, or does it immediately start looking for
another coyote to chase?

MMY's take on this is one of the very juiciest parts
of his Gita commentary, IMHO. I'll try to look it up
later.