> Take these three things together (and perhaps a few others) and M's
> constant crazy project binges make sense, IMO, and puts it all in
> context. Seen in this light, his binges were a most wonderful and
> creative dance over 40 years. And a wonderful path for some who could
> keep up and withstand the craziness -- and enjoy inner fruit of the
> whole crazy exercise.

Doesn't this whole belief, which was so common among fulltimers,
really fly in the face of his whole teaching?  It is a relative
breaking of the connection with the fruits of action only and has
nothing to do with your state of consciousness being established in
being.  It sounds like the kind of traditional notion that Maharishi
would devote a whole lecture dispelling.

But he never did and I'll offer a possible explanation why.  Because
he wasn't very good at follow through, he was an idea man.  Simple as
that, he was the typical entrepreneur who thought he could handle
parts of his business that he wasn't good at.

He allowed this belief to exist as a kind of implied teaching because
it served his purposes.  It kept people off center and running around
all the time.  He could play games making stuff up and watch everyone
knock themselves out fulfilling his "desires."  I don't think this was
the most charming part of his personality. Some people gave up a lot
to chase some of his bogus projects, ask Doug Henning.  Oh yeah, we can't.