> a fun experiment to try: close your eyes, and one by one eliminate
> the motion of the mind; no projection right, left, up, down,
> backwards, forwards. Just bring it to a quiet stop, no thought.
> Allow the senses to continue to operate, just don't interact with
> their objects.
>
> Then, where is I? no idea.
>
> If you attempt on the other hand to think your way into an
> understanding of enlightenment, you will get some reasonable
> approximate understanding, but the trick then is to use that as a
> spur for the heart to thirst more for enlightenment, and not allow
> the ego instead to pursue this idealized concept of enlightenment,
> (leading to more musing and thinking). Stupid ego.
>
> It always sounds so complicated when it is thought about. Works a
> lot better to just not think about it. Then you will find it, and
> all of your answers will come quickly and effortlessly.

"It's a lot better just to not think about it", well there's a
discussion stopper. It just makes me feel sorry for all those great
minds over the centuries that spent their entire lives trying to
express abstract spiritual truths on paper. Think of all the effort
they could have saved by instructing everyone to just not think
about it. Uh oh, two "thinks" in one sentence, way too much thinking
going on.OSF*

*obligatory smiley face (first instituted by LBS)

Rick Carlstrom