> A question for the TM faithful in our midst:
>
> IF you believe that the spiritual tradition you are part
> of represents the "highest path," and has knowledge and
> techniques that are unique (unique!) in the world;
>
> IF you believe that tradition can bring a person to
> liberation from ignorance, and reveal to them the true
> nature of their Self in enlightenment;
>
> IF you believe that the very purpose of life is to
> realize one's essential nature as enlightenment;
>
> IF you believe that every human being has the inherent
> ability to realize his or her enlightenment; and
>
> IF you believe that the TM and TM-siddhi programs are
> the most effective way to accomplish this, and that the
> approaches taken by other spiritual traditions -- ALL
> other spiritual traditions -- are less effective than
> the approach taken by your organization because the
> founder of that organization said they are;
>
> HOW do you condone "banning" people who don't "follow
> the rules" of your spiritual organization, declaring
> them anathema, and thus keeping them from 1) ever again
> benefiting from the knowledge and techniques your
> tradition teaches, and thus 2) their own enlightenment?

I can't speak about the whole banning vs. not banning drama, but you
are incorrect in saying that the banning results in keeping the
banned ones "from ...ever again benefiting from the knowledge and
techniques your tradition teaches, and thus ...their own
enlightenment...".

The absolutely liberating thing about the plain old TM technique,
and the TM-Sidhis also, is that once the instructions have been
received and practiced for a bit, no outside guidance is necessary
for the continued benefit of their practice-- no more courses, no
more TMO, no more advanced techniques; Zip.

That has been the continuing attraction of the TM techniques for the
decades I've been doing them. I am not a spiritual organization
joiner, and don't have to be with TM.

So the banning of a person or another is just all empty drama to
allow people doing the banning to have something to feel powerful
and decisive about, and for those banned to feel wronged and
victimized about, but it is complete illusion on both sides.