> sparaig rote:
> > coldbluiceman wrote:

> > >  So you are not a Sidha Lawson? Why?
> > >  Such a strong
> > > proponent of the teachings but never taken the
> > > sidhis? Why?
> > > Is it true what I have read here that
> > > you are not regular in your meditations? Why?
> >
> > Lawson "Spare Egg" English has been clinically diagnosed as having
> > an OCD, and prescribed meds to control it..does that answer your
> > question "satvaDude108"?
> > Lawson is and has been for many years excluded from and "tm" ?
> > advanced? courses.
> >
> > I have read Lawson's posts for many years
> > (8 in fact) and always the
> > same words over and over again.
> > Lawson recently cited a "breath suspension"
> >  study by "Brian"
> > Kesterson PhD (his first name is John).
> > I knew John Kesterson and I was his PRIMARY subject in one of his
> > last studies at "miu" in 1987.
> > John finally reported that he could *NOT* document any repeatable
> > and verifiable incidences of "breath suspension" in "tm-ers"..
> > SAVE ONE!!..THE ONLY REPORTED AND PUBLISHED INCIDENT THAT JOHN
> > KESTERSON'S NAME WAS ASSOCIATED WITH WAS mine.
> >

> Well, I can't find my copy of the study to check
> the actual numbers, and yes, his name is
> John, not Brian, but, he appears to have
> claimed to have found more than one subject with
> consistent breath suspension when he
> published a study in 1989. Perhaps you're mis-
> recalling the fact that he concluded there was
> no drop in O2 consumption associated with
> TMers who showed breath suspension which caused
> them to rethink what they were
> claiming about TM's affect on metabolic rate.
>

> 1: Am J Physiol. 1989 Mar;256(3 Pt 2):R632-8. Links
> Metabolic rate, respiratory exchange ratio,
> and apneas during meditation.
>
> Kesterson J, Clinch NF.
> Department of Physiology, Maharishi International
> University, Fairfield, Iowa 52556.
> We tested the hypothesis that a drop in metabolic rate
> (MR) causes the apneas observed in some subjects during
> transcendental meditation (TM). We measured
>  O2 consumption (VO2) and CO2 production (VCO2)
> in three groups of
> experienced meditators and one group of nonmeditating controls.

Lawson,
I am not getting into another of your convoluted debates of your
distorted "facts"... Such as your notion of "hand-picked succesor to
Sri Guru Dev"..

The facts are with John Kesterson;
1. John Kesterson denounced all of his "research" in 1988 when I spoke
to him directly. And, in fact denounced "tm" all together
2. The masters of *Dis-infromation* at "miu" to this day associate
John Kesteron's name with research that John had denounced. As you
cite in your own post. John Kesterson's last study subject was myself.

Why not find John Kesterson today and ask him yourself?

Where is John today?
..and why has he not published any current research in 20 years on
this very subject?

ANSWER: BECAUSE JOHN KESTERSON DENOUNCED "tm"!!

Now here is the section of my previous post that your snipped, and
routinely ignore..
 ..In fact *my* study performed at the Sleep and Dream Lab, Luther
College, Decorah Iowa over 7 months was the only published study
endorsed by 4 notable scientist (including Dr. Charles "Skip"
Alexander PhD miu, deceased)that scientifically and objectively
verified "higher states" of "consciouness" in any "tm-er" including
any "purusha" participant.
Over the last twenty years in all the "tm" studies performed *NOT
ONE tm-er* ever duplicated or repeated what I had demonstrated.
People claimed to be in "unity consciouness"..but not one "tm"
person could scientifically demonstrate it..
I did and I can tell you if you had "unity consciouness" you would
not want it.
Here is the study..(please personally contact the author- Jayne
Gackenback to determine if what I am telling you is the truth)

http://sawka.com/spiritwatch/psychologicalconhtm.htm

Gackenbach, J., Moorecroft, W., Alexander, C. & LaBerge, S.(1987).
"Consciousness" dur-ing sleep in a TM practitioner: Heartrate,
respiration and eye movement. Paper pre-sented at the annual meeting
of the Association for the Study of Dreams, Arlington,VA.

Here is a copy of the e-mail to me from the Research
Scientist-Dr. Jayne Gackenbach

Subj: Re: Stephen J. Perino