> On Apr 20, 2008, at 5:43 PM, authfriend wrote:
>

> >> Sure she does, Judy, which is why she surely would
> >> have been elected to the Senate even if she had been a total
> >> unknown named Mrs. Jones and why he's played no role
> >> whatsoever in her campaign.
> >
> > As usual, you're making no sense at all.
>
> Physician, heal thyself.

It's really funny, Sal, you get one damn thing
wrong after another and never acknowledge or
admit it, and you tell *me* to heal myself!

For example:

> > But if she didn't have a long record of
> > activism and achievement of her own, it's very
> > unlikely she'd have been elected the first time, let
> > alone the second time.
> >
> >> She has no record as an "independent person."
> >
> > Oh, good lord. Of course she does, a long one.
> >
> > Again, you won't read it, but here's a good
> > history:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton

No acknowledgment of your silly error about her
not having a record as an independent person.

And now you're about to make another one, which
you won't acknowledge either:

<snip>
> > Roughly half the Democrats in the country are supporting
> > her, Sal.
>
> Quite a bit less than half at this point, Judy, if you
> believe the latest polls

Latest Gallup tracking poll has Obama 47, Clinton 45.
That's within the margin of error, Sal. It's a dead
heat, in other words.

--but whatever, we can say
> half if that makes you feel better.  But of course, what you're
> *not* saying, and what you seem to want to forget,
> was that she started out with a *whole lot more*
> supporting her, many more than Obama, but lost
> both the support and the good faith of millions along
> the way, including old friends and formerly staunch supporters
> like Richardson and Robert Reich--mostly because of
> bad faith and abominable tactics.

Actually I've already said, several times, that she's
lost support. But it's not because of *her* "bad
faith and abominable tactics," it's because of media
bias and "bad faith and abominable tactics" from the
Obama campaign.

In any case, her big early national lead was more a
function of name recognition than anything else, so
it's no surprise at all that she didn't hang onto it.

And Reich hasn't been a "staunch supporter" of hers
for a long time.

> And, I'm proud to say, I believe Iowa played a major role in
> that.  Once the myth of Hillary's "inevitability" was shot,
> (which is basically the kiss of death to any kind of democratic
> process,) her chances seemed to evaporate almost overnight.

No, they didn't, not after she then went on to win
New Hampshire. It took a lot longer for her chances
to begin to "evaporate," and they're not gone yet
despite Obama's best efforts.

You've also forgotten that it wasn't a two-way race
in Iowa; Edwards came in second. He'd been a frequent
presence there for the past two years. And Obama had
a head start in getting his organization on the ground.
She was never expected to have an easy time in Iowa,
so her loss there, while disappointing, wasn't some
huge upset.