--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" wrote:
> >
> > Here in DC women dominate
> > much of high tech management and many of
> > them do it without adapting
> > the harsh strident speech that I was
> > complaining about.
>
> This implies that to be a man, to be masculine,
> one needs to be harsh and strident.
>
> > They do it
> > with a feminine power.
>
> And what are the attribute of femminine power?
> Gentler and kinder?

In this discussion I think the better words to use for contrasting
styles are Yang and Yin, where yang is associated with aggressive,
assertive, driving, pushing, dominating behavior, and yin is
associated with receptive, yielding, supporting, nourishing
behavior.

Your comment, New Morning, "this implies that to be a man, to be
masculine, one needs to be harsh and strident," is assuming
that "masculine" identifies the quality of the gender "men", which is
ONE of its meanings, but not the meaning here.  "Masculine" is used
here to imply yang qualities in men and women.  "Feminine" is used to
imply yin qualities in men and women. We use masculine and feminine
maybe because it's  easier to associate the qualities with humans.
The words yin and yang may be more difficult to associate with
people, although it would avoid the confusion of the different
meanings of the words masc. and fem.

> (I am INTP by the way.)

Welcome back, New Morning!  Here now I see an explanation for how I
like our conversations so much.  I tested as an INTJ years ago, and
it still applies.