---on 100% predictability:  This is related to the "Laplacean Deity"
conversation between Napoleon and the mathematician Laplace.  But
before getting into that, science as a whole discounts 100%
prediction as  an impossibility, a literal impossibility - not simply
due to the lack of refinement of measurement tools. This is due to
Heinsenberg's Uncertainty principle on a finely-grained quantum
level.  Given that one can posit an infinite level of precision in
one "conjugate variable" (say momentum); then there's a tradeoff with
position.
 Thus, the standard orthodox position is that 100% prediction on all
levels is an impossibility.  However, this in no way prevents
experimental setups in which there is a constant improvement in
predictive power.  It's just that in most cases one will not reach
100% depending upon the experiment; since such predictions would
require an infinite amount of information about all quantum particles.
In chaotic systems, predictions at most "work" in a two-body system,
say - predicting the positions of the earth vs the moon after x
amount of time.
 But as soon as you create a 3-body problem (say earth, moon, and
some other body); predictions become intractable after a few
iterations.
 Now back to Laplace.  Napoleon asked Laplace if he "believed"
in "God" (i.e. the Judaeo-Christian Deity - given his knowledge of
mathematics (Laplace also delved into physics).  Laplace told
Napoleon: "I have no need of that hypothesis".
 What Laplace was getting is that in theory, an Omniscient Deity
supposedly would have an infinite amount of knowledge concerning
every particle in the universe and a perfect prophetic wisdom
resulting from a perfect knowledge of the present and past.
 But Laplace new that was improbable (even way before the quantum
revolution of the 1920's) - and without any knowledge of
Heibsenberg's Uncertainty Principle.
 Laplace believed that the existence of such an all-knowing Being was
contrary to what he already knew about natural laws and math.
 Thus, there is no evidence to this day, of a "Laplacean Deity" - an
entity who has total knowledge of every particle in the universe (and
who consequently could make 100% certain predictions).