m2smart wrote:
> I thought the gas tax just went for roads

Maybe so, but who says that the federal
government should be paying for your highway
maintenance anyway? Why not turn all our
highways over to private enterprise and
charge people a toll for using them?

Most of the pundits who make fun of the
'tax-free gasoline holiday' idea could
probably walk to their jobs in Washnington
D.C.

I'd vote for someone who would lower my
taxes and cut out all the pork-barrel
projects, wouldn't you? There must be
hundreds of billions of dollars spent
by the federal government on pork projects.

Why can't the politicians show some sympathy
for the little guys, even if the idea doesn't
work out to be much of a savings?

All we have to do to bring down gasoline
prices is to do more drilling and ramp
up the supply.