> authfriend wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Al Gore dreamed up ethanol?  I mean he was kidding about
> >> inventing the Internet though he oversaw the committee
> >> that funded it.
> >
> > For the record, he never said he had "invented the
> > Internet," and he was entirely serious about what
> > he did say. Asked by Wolf Blitzer of CNN to
> > differentiate himself from the other presidential
> > candidates, he said:
> >
> > During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
> > initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in
> > moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven
> > to be important to our country's economic growth and
> > environmental protection, improvements in our educational
> > system. During a quarter century of public service, including
> > most of it long before I came into my current job, I have
> > worked to try to improve the quality of life in our country
> > and in our world.
>
> I think most people know this except for ones living
> under bridges.  :)

Know what--that he did all this, or that he never
claimed to have invented the Internet?

If the latter, you wouldn't believe how often the
"invented the Internet" phrase has been--and still
is being--repeated and mocked in the media. Be
interesting to take a poll and find out how many
people are convinced that's what he said.