She said what she meant to say.   She tried to push it off on the Ted Kennedy
but that statement would not be offensive to a Kennedy.  It may even be seen as
a statement of truth by Obama, but for her to make it is disgusting.  Why?
because we all want to believe in her.  How can you believe in someone who says
ANYTHING   can happen........?    Then sites what is anything well in 1968...

boo_lives <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
"feste37"  wrote:

> You may be right, but I think Hillary should have given more thought
> to how her words might be interpreted.

1. Citing a couple past primary seasons going on till June to justify
her staying in the race is baseless.  Anyone familiar with politics
knows the whole process has been changed and moved up to end earlier
so the parties can focus early on the competition.  Same with
conventions which used to be quite dramatic events but are now
carefully orchestrated marketing shows for the candidate already
chosen months earlier.  92 was unique and the 60s a whole different
world than today.

2.  In the 2 primary races hillary referenced the race was still
uncertain in early june, but this yrs IS NOT.  It's over now.  Hillary
certainly has the right to continue on, but not because there's some
sort of uncertainty.  If you don't think so, you need to retake 3rd
grade math.

3.  Hillary continually comparing her self centered power grap to
historical civil rights stuggles is getting really tired.  Bringing up
one of the most emotionally wrenching experiences in US campaign
history - the assassination of RFK - and trying to relate it to her
vain inability to admit defeat is so much hubris and just wrong.  For
me that night in 68 is tragically sacred and I abhor the clintons for
debasing.

4.  That she's made this same point before about RFK assasination
shows it wasn't some kind of speaking gaffe.  She may not be hoping or
planning for obama's assassination consciously, but the clinton's
never do or say anything that isn't strategically planned - they want
that possibility in the minds of the superdelegates.  She could just
say that the 68 race went all the way to the convention as everyone
remembers, but instead she keeps bringing up RFK's assassination.

Fortunately this will just speed up the inevitable by a week or two
and it will soon be over.