the point of discussion is what she said not what she means or does not mean to
say.   She did not say anything about maps she said well Bobby Kennedy was
assassinated in June....

authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
"boo_lives"
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37"  wrote:
> >
> > You may be right, but I think Hillary should have given
> > more thought to how her words might be interpreted.
>
> 1. Citing a couple past primary seasons going on till June to
> justify her staying in the race is baseless.

There've been a lot more than just those two.

  Anyone familiar with politics
> knows the whole process has been changed and moved up to end
> earlier so the parties can focus early on the competition.
> Same with conventions which used to be quite dramatic events
> but are now carefully orchestrated marketing shows for the
> candidate already chosen months earlier.  92 was unique and
> the 60s a whole different world than today.

The point is that this is an exceptionally close
race. In recent years that hasn't been the case,
so there wasn't any reason not to wrap it up early
and have a nice marketing show. This year, it's
more like '68 and '92 in that regard.

> 2.  In the 2 primary races hillary referenced the race was
> still uncertain in early june, but this yrs IS NOT.  It's
> over now.  Hillary certainly has the right to continue on,
> but not because there's some sort of uncertainty.  If you
> don't think so, you need to retake 3rd grade math.

It isn't a matter of the math. The delegates aren't
engraved in stone; they can change their minds at
the convention. And the superdelegates haven't all
weighed in yet. Even those that have can change their
minds too.

> 3.  Hillary continually comparing her self centered power
> grap to historical civil rights stuggles is getting really
> tired.  Bringing up one of the most emotionally wrenching
> experiences in US campaign history - the assassination of
> RFK - and trying to relate it to her vain inability to
> admit defeat is so much hubris and just wrong.  For me
> that night in 68 is tragically sacred and I abhor the
> clintons for debasing.

Sorry it's such a sore spot for you. RFK's
assassination was emotionally wrenching for me as
well, but I don't feel it was "debased" in the
slightest by her reference to it.

> 4.  That she's made this same point before about RFK
> assasination shows it wasn't some kind of speaking gaffe.

Of course it wasn't. It wasn't a gaffe of any kind,
it was a straightforward historical reference to how
long primaries have lasted in the past. It only
became a "gaffe" when Obamabots decided to misinterpret
it as yet another reason to demonize Hillary.

If they're so sure Obama has it in the bag, why are
they making such a big deal of it?

  She may not be hoping or
> planning for obama's assassination consciously, but the clinton's
> never do or say anything that isn't strategically planned

Oh, that's bull crap, sorry. And your second sentence
has nothing to do with your first. Both are absurd.

> - they want
> that possibility in the minds of the superdelegates.

Bull. You're deranged.

  She could just
> say that the 68 race went all the way to the convention as
> everyone remembers, but instead she keeps bringing up RFK's
> assassination.

Everyone doesn't necessarily remember the 1968 race
went to the convention, and that wasn't even her
point. Her point was that the primary was still in
full swing in June; RFK had just won the California
primary when he was shot. *That's* what people
remember, and that's why she used it as an example.

> Fortunately this will just speed up the inevitable by a week
> or two and it will soon be over.

And if so, it very likely means President McCain.

To see why she's hanging in, have a look here:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Obama/Maps/May24.html
http://tinyurl.com/4q68dv

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Clinton/Maps/May24.html
http://tinyurl.com/4qkrsf

Among other things, she's hoping the superdelegates
will wake up to the fact that at this point, she has
a substantial electoral vote advantage over Obama in
the general election.

Granted, state-by-state polls this far out aren't
definitive by any means, but they are something one
should take into account.