> > 7 posts before 4:00 a.m. your time Saturday
> > night, Jude.
>
> Sorry. Saturday morning (late Friday night),
> her time.
>
> > Could this be part of your plan to "post out"
> > long before Hillary gets trounced in the
> > primaries during the next few days and has
> > to concede, so that you won't have to be
> > here to explain it away?  :-)

Gee, Barry, you know, you're so ignorant about
what's going on in the primary contest, you really
should just button your lip so you don't look like
a total fool.

Here's a little primer for you:

Clinton is heavily favored in Puerto Rico and
will take the majority of its 63 delegates.

Obama is heavily favored in Montana, with 16
delegates, but probably won't get more than
9 of them.

Clinton and Obama are neck and neck in South
Dakota, with 15 delegates; Obama has a slight
edge in the polling (at least one poll, however,
has him well ahead).

The upcoming three last primaries, in other
words, aren't going to be decisive, contrary to
your ignorant fantasy. Clinton isn't likely to get
"trounced" except in Montana. She'll gain more
delegates than Obama, but she'll still be behind.
Neither of them will come close to the magic
number of delegates needed to secure the
nomination.

At issue as well are the delegates from Florida
and Michigan. The DNC Rules Committee is meeting
this weekend to try to resolve that problem. It
looks at this point as though the resolution, if
they come to one, will accord more delegates to
Clinton than Obama. But that's still uncertain;
and no matter what happens, it won't give Obama
the magic number.

After the primaries, it's possible that enough
of the currently undeclared *superdelegates* will
declare for Obama to give him the magic number.

However, none of this will be official until the
convention in August, since both delegates and
superdelegates can switch their votes.

It's entirely possible that Clinton will withdraw
sometime between the last primaries and the
convention; or she may simply suspend her campaign,
in which case she could decide to reactivate it at
some point before the convention.

In any case, there's no basis whatsoever to suggest
that Clinton will "have to concede." She might well
stay in, no matter what the results of the last
three primaries and the Florida-Michigan situation
and any declarations by the undeclared superdelegates,
until the convention, in which case there would be a
floor fight.

Bottom line, at this point there's no basis whatsoever
to anticipate that I would have to "explain away"
whatever occurs with the last three primaries. There
are far too many unknowns. Your notion that somehow
the results of these primaries will decide the
nomination is just abysmally uninformed.

Unquestionably, Clinton's chance of getting the
nomination is tiny. Her one hope is to convince
enough of the superdelegates that she will have a
better chance against McCain than Obama in the fall
and have them switch their votes to her. There is
furious analysis of the national electoral vote
situation going on in many quarters right now.
Some analyses favor Clinton, others favor Obama.
None is definitive this far away from the fall
campaign, but they may still influence the
superdelegates.

> > Just asking. Unlike you, I don't claim to know
> > that my answer to a question about *opinion*
> > is true or "factually correct."

And a good thing too, since your "opinion" is based
on nonfacts.

> And, I am more than willing to accept other
> possible explanations of this late-night
> posting binge.

Oh, how *gracious* of you, Barry! I'm overwhelmed
by your generosity and magnanimity.

But I'm not going to give you the explanation; I'll
just note that none of those you've fantasized is
correct.