> <jstein@>

> <no_reply@>

> > > I won't be the *least* bit offended or outraged if
> > > you don't agree with me. I don't *expect* anyone
> > > to agree with me just because I said something.
> > >
> > > But isn't it fascinating how many folks here DO? And
> > > how upset they sometimes get when others DON'T agree
> > > with their every word?
> >
> > I never asked you to agree with me.
> >
> > I merely asked you to clarify one of your
> > own statements. You seem upset enough about
> > the question to refuse to answer it.
>
> I was quoting you, Barry.

I was more than aware of that. But you were
quoting out of context. No one said anything
about wanting to change your beliefs. All that
I asked is for you to explain how you were so
certain about them as to answer a "Could it be
that..." question with the word "No," and then
explain that answer with the assertion that it
was "factually correct." I didn't see any "facts"
in what you were replying to, *or* in your reply.
I was curious as to where you see them.

It's *fine* with me if you want to duck out on
explaining your rather definitive statements,
*especially* since you chose to do so in this
particular thread. The original question was:

> Could it be that people who have spent decades *not*
> using their critical faculties, and reacting to
> ANYTHING said by the people they have deemed "author-
> ities" as Truth Incarnate, seem to feel after a few
> years or decades doing this that that is how other
> people should react to THEM?

I consider the question answered by the nature
of your response, and subsequent non-response.
Thank you for your participation. You can go
back to making similar pronouncements about
Hillary and other subjects now.