Maybe this is common knowledge but I recently came across a statement
in a TMO website (I'd have to find it again..) that warned people not
to teach TM outside the organization because doing so
karmically "binds" the teacher to the student until the latter
reaches enlightenment; whereas the promise of enlightenment
and "responsibility" to fulfil this promise is shouldered by the TMO
if the technique is taught on behalf of the organization.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, m2smart4u2000 <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:

responsibilty
> [...]
> > Anything goes right? Maybe there could be some level of honor and
> > still maintain a discussion without lowering yourself to breaking
of
> > legal contracts that you signed.
>

> It is my understanding that the following 'promise' which TM
> initiators were asked to sign, is not a legal document. The fact
that
> no copy was issued to the initiator further makes it legally non-
binding.

> As far as I know the TMO hasn't hesitated in the past to seek legal
> redress in legitimate cases, but I've never heard of any such cases
> with regard to claimed violations of this particular 'promise'.
>
> Further, it is my view that the TMO under Maharishi became a corrupt
> organization - and because of that, any 'promises' made to Maharishi
> and his organization in terms of that agreement were rendered to be
> meaningless.
>

> TO HIS HOLINESS MAHARISHI MAHESH YOGI
>
> It is my privilege, Maharishi, to promise to teach the Principles
and
> Practice of Transcendental Meditation only as a teacher-employee of
> [IMS, SIMS, SRM, or other TM movement front group]___________ which
> accepts me as such; that I will always hold the teaching in trust
for
> you, dear Maharishi, and [IMS, SIMS, etc.]__________; that I will
> never use the teaching except as a teacher in [IMS, SIMS,
> etc.]___________ or other organisations founded by you for the
purpose
> of carrying on your work of spreading Transcendental Meditation for
> the good of Mankind; that as a teacher in [IMS, SIMS, etc.]
_________ I
> shall receive such compensation as shall be agreed between myself
and
> [IMS, SIMS, etc.]__________ in writing and, except as agreed in
> writing I expect to receive no monetary compensation but am fully
> compensated by the love and joy that I receive from the work, by the
> alleviation of suffering that I may accomplish, and by the Wisdom
that
> I obtain, expound, and cherish.
>
> In furtherance of the pledge I acknowledge that prior to receiving
the
> training I had no prior knowledge of such system of Teaching; that
> there is no other available source where the knowledge of such
> teaching may be obtained; that such training is secret and unique. I
> am a link in the chain of organisations that you have founded; and
> that to retain the purity of the teaching and movement, you have
laid
> down the wise rule that, should I ever cease to teach in [IMS, SIMS,
> etc.]__________ or other organisations founded by you for the
purpose
> of teaching Transcendental Meditation, I may be restrained by
> appropriate process from using this secret Teaching of
Transcendental
> Meditation imparted to me.
>
> It is my fortune, Guru Dev [the Maharishi's dead master], that I
have
> been accepted to serve the Holy Tradition and spread the Light of
God
> to all those who need it.
>
> It is my joy to undertake the responsibility of representing the
Holy