--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sandiego108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I find it interesting that people continue even after his death to
> try to pigeonhole Maharishi, to figure him out, to wrap up the whole
> of his amazing and incomprehensible life and motives with a neat
> bow. Or at least minimize his breathtaking accomplishments in the
> hopes of showcasing his foibles.

Narcissism isn't a "foible".  You didn't hang out with him so it
doesn't surprise me that you don't have the personal interest that I do.

> As to his empathy or not, I'd say its a pretty overwhelming show of
> empathy to begin a world wide movement to spread a technique that
> eliminates suffering in its practitioners.

This is very conceptual.  Maharishi never eliminated any of my
"suffering."  Wasn't suffering when I met him. and I am not suffering now.

> Unlike any of us, sitting here in our comfortable environments,
> tapping away on our computers, Maharishi came out of what was his
> comfortable and safe environment, India, with one thing on his mind.

According to him it was all innocent and he didn't have one thing on
his mind.  But if you want to fantasize his motives carry on...

And BTW I've been to India and for a wandering holy man, like he was
after Guru Dev died, it wasn't so comfortable.   Judging from how he
lived once he got the chance, he never looked back on the days when he
 relieved himself outside.

> If he had had any other motivation than to save the world, his milk
> would've soured long ago.

So all the guys who come here to make a buck get their milk soured?
Do you know any guys who came over here for a piece of the American
dream?  I do.  They love it.  Make a ton of money and raise a bunch of
kids.  None of them came to save the world.  The truth is that neither
you nor I know Maharishi's motivations when he came here , but you
enjoy speculating just as I am.  Are you doing something behind the
old man's back? (Sorry that comes later)

 Think of the endless lectures and speeches
> and pujas and books and facets of every kind of knowledge he brought
> out and all of the countries he visited and people he helped.

Guy was driven, Willie Loman had nothing on him.  Lots and lots of
sales pitches.

> That after his death, people are able to sit around as living
> benefits of this technique and question the man's motivation I find
> astounding.

Pretty easily astounded Jim.

Sounds like children bitching behind the old man's back.

Does it?  So what would you call what you are doing behind his back?
Dude is dead, he was a public figure, he is lucky we are talking about
him at all.

> Nobody said any of this to his face, ever.

Cuz he would never let me in the room after I left.  It is kind of set
up that way.  But this is a world you are not really knowledgeable
about because you never were in the room with him right?  You don't
get to walk in and talk to him about anything, even when you work for him.

 And I am sure there are
> endless excuses and reasons why not,

No just one. he didn't allow it.  Zero access for the unconvinced.

 but curious that after all the
> excuses and reasons fade away, that fact remains.

The guy was insulated from his most devote followers Jim. Read a
report from a reporter trying to gain access to ask a question.

> I think many people are left with the thought that perhaps he didn't
> save them personally,

No need to be saved, but thanks for asking.

 or that the world was not transformed in their
> lifetime,

That was his silly dream not mine.

 or that the goals he set for all of us were too high and
> too idealistic, or that the Movement he spawned was not to their
> liking.

Just that he was wrong.

 All I can say is the show ain't over yet, and there is
> plenty of transformation still available, should we care to take
> advantage of it. What he left behind is still lively, relevant and
> powerful.

Man has that ship sailed.  But nice try with the initiator routine.
You should try it in a center today.

> Use it all, or lose it all.

The old false alternative.  And with a catastrophic implication!

Let me give you another option Jim.  Use what you like of his teaching
and criticize anything that you don't think was valuable.  He was the
one who called it a science of creative intelligence so being faithful
to the doctrine is not required.