On Jun 9, 2008, at 5:43 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

Looks to me as if for the next 12 days we have a
chance to find out.

Judy, in a fit of being (dare I say it?) REEEEEAL
REEEEEAL STOOOOOOOOPID, has bounced herself off
the forum next week. Lawson is probably still out
next week as well. Shemp has been reserved in his
posts and has contributed some interesting and
valuable insights, so he hasn't been an issue in
recent days. Everybody already ignores most of
what Nabby and Willytex and Off say anyway. And
Jim? Well, he's already established in the past
that the enlightened can't count as high as 50,
and if he keeps up his gay-baiting campaign,
he'll be out next week as well.

So who does that leave? Well, it leaves folks who
occasionally complain (and with some justification)
that FFL is too confrontational and argumentative
and in-your-face for them to participate in fully,
or comfortably.

Now's your chance, you lurkers. Go for it. If there
are subjects you've always wanted to introduce but
were afraid to because you knew they'd be turned
into arguments within two replies, now's your oppor-
tunity to give voice (or the sound of keyboard
clicking) to them. Those who are already civil and
restrained, like Curtis and Hugo and Marek and
Ruth and Rick, will probably continue to respond
the same way. Even inveterate assholes like myself
might decide to lay low for this blessed period of
time and allow this spiritual forum to actually be
spiritual for a while. Might. I'm not promising
anything, but I'll try.

So what's out there to discuss that could be better
discussed without someone trying their best to turn
the discussions into arguments?

And what's out there that doesn't *deserve* to be
discussed that much during these next 12 days? Like
has-been Hillary Clinton, or the other subjects
that people have used to pull Judy's puppet strings
and make her Just Go Away? Well, she's away. There
is no *need* to post things for her to compulsively
react to for the next 12 days. There is no need to
mention her or her name or any of the others' names
as well. We could give pulling their strings as much
of a rest as their absence will give us.

Or, it could be "business as usual." Your call.

What would likely happen if certain posters were to lose their posting rights.

Scene: Paramus YWCA

Former Poster: Is this the YWCA? yes, oh good. I got a free trial membership from an email list I'm on. They all pitched in.

YWCA Person: Oh, how nice.

Former Poster: I noticed your name has the word 'Christian' in it. Did you know according to the Wikipedia, Jesus doesn't fit criteria for the messiah?

YWCA Person: The wika what? No...uh...we didn't know that. What an insulting thing to say!

Former Poster: Liar! How could you not know?

YWCA Person: I beg your pardon...

Former Poster: Don't hedge with me I won't stand for it!

YWCA Person: You don't have to get so upset. Maybe the YWCA is not for you?

Former Poster: I'm not getting upset I'M UNSTRESSING! I'm evolving! How dare you imply otherwise!

YWCA Person: I see.

[Overhead announcement: "Security to front lobby. Security to front lobby"]

Former Poster: You don't seem to offer any evolutionary programs, certainly nothing Vedic.

YWCA Person: I'm sorry, we cannot have constant disruptions like this. This is the third time this week. Security, could you please escort this lady to the door. The van for Bellevue is waiting. Thanks.

Former Poster: [screams fading] ....you can't even find a good place to 'dye the cloth' any more...I just wanted some place to alternate by deet rest with activity...what do you mean I was threatening others?...I'm emitting coherent alpha waves of peace!!!.......well it's mainly when I fly...haven't you read the scientific evidence!?... [fade]

[sound of van door closing]

A van, labelled "Bellevue Hospital" drives away rapidly.