--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John M. Knapp, LMSW"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Maybe if John is reading this he can elucidate on
> > what he actually knew about what the TMO was doing
> > or whether it's part of a "Stop the TMO at any lengths"
> > campaign. I'd be interested to know why he spends so
> > much energy on it.
> >

> Hi, Hugo,
>
> I'd be glad to elucidate if I can.
>
> I never had a "stop the TMO at any lengths" agenda. I may be wrong,
but I think that some
> people have a black/white view of TM critics. If I am against some
things, I must be
> against all things TM, and have an agenda to destroy the
organization.

> Naturally, when I say something positive about the Org or ask for
positive changes, people
> who think in these black/white terms assume I must be duplicitous.
I must have a
> "hidden" agenda.
>
> It's too bad that I must say over and over again I would like to
see the TM Org reform --
> and even be successful again! But something in the way I'm saying
these things must be
> blocking that message from getting through.

No kidding, the relentlessly negative atmosphere on
TM-Free might have something to do with that. I always
read it though, as there is much of interest but the
TMO must be unique in the vehemence it inspires in
ex-members.

Trouble is if you want to impress the TMO to adopt any
of your ideas you've got to be in with them to stand a
chance. I can't help thinking the Trancenet and TM-free
titles aren't going to endear you to them.

> As I've written on another thread, I began talking about reform of
the TM Org some 13
> years ago. That's always been my agenda. Did you see the post
on "How NOT to be a cult?
> " Did you have any thoughts on that?

I thought the list was excellent and well thought out.
Every organisation should be like that. In an ideal world
of course, which this unfortunately isn't. Have you actually
sent them a copy? I can't see them adopting much of it but
no harm in getting it "lively in their attention", to use a
TM phrase I particularly dislike.

I think the TMO, indeed any organisation, likes the way
it is and won't change simply because a few are unhappy,
you'll just get labelled as unstressing, you really
should know what they are like by now. I was told that
it's MMYs movement and he obviously knows best about how
to run it because he's enlightened etc. No point trying
to change it, just accept how it is or move on.

> Maybe a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission"? Here's what we did
wrong, here's what
> we got right, here's what we'd like to preserve, here's what we
think we should change.

Hee Hee, good luck with that.

> I don't know if that's the kind of stuff you wanted to know, Hugo.
>
> Let me know if I can explain any better.

What I would like to know is where you got the news of MMY
claiming a biological war was immanent, I heard many highly
dubious statements like that, partly why I got pissed off with it.
Do you have a press release with it on?

Thanks for taking the time out to reply.