--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John M. Knapp, LMSW"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > What I would like to know is where you got the news of MMY
> > claiming a biological war was immanent, I heard many highly
> > dubious statements like that, partly why I got pissed off with it.
> > Do you have a press release with it on?
> >
> > Thanks for taking the time out to reply.
>

> Hey, no problem. Thank you for taking the time to discuss this
stuff!

> To be honest, I don't remember clearly where I got the news. It's
so long ago, and my
> memory is not the best.
>
> I seem to remember getting the notes of a conference call the
Maharishi held. I've always
> had some ambivalent insiders who were willing to share stuff with
me.

> As I remember, I made a number of calls to other insiders and to
the course office to
> confirm details. I also received at least 2 calls that I remember
from family members who
> were concerned about people selling houses, taking out loans, etc.
>
> Wish I had more for you. But that's as clear as my 55-year-old
memory gets.

Fair enough, it sounds plausible to me. I heard many a tale
of impending doom if money wasn't raised for a yagya. I used
to sit through them grinding my teeth as I saw it as a
transparent money-making scheme at worst and superstitious
codswallop at best. Might make a good scientific study to
check how many dangers happened if the money wasn't raised.
We might see how the predictive powers of jyotish combined with
yagyas could save the world, I'll get onto Orme-Johnson about
it. (This is another, not very good joke of mine, John)

Maybe we should be charitable and assume MMY believed it all too.
Hmm no, I'm not ready for that yet.