> <jr_esq@>

> every
> > > time
> the
> > > food
> > that
> > > at

> > for
> > vedic
> > Krishna.

> > have

> that
> and,
> > > yes,
> > > prepare

> enough
> think
> offer.

> > > while

> not
> > > use
> TMO

> aggravating

> > doesn't
> > principles
> > > (I

> > cost
> Certainly

> > > Well, I never had the fantasy of joining them but I did have
the
> > > fantasy of becoming filthy rich and being in the position of
> being
> > > able to hire those very same cooks to make my meals three times
> > > day, seven days a week...
> >

> > You think big, I like it.
> >
> > But if you did that you'd miss out on the rather good
> > foxy babe ratio they seem to have. But then they make
> > a virtue out of celibacy so it all works itself out.
> >
> > I make do with a copy of their cookbook, but it's not
> > the same if you're not a good chanter.
> >

> Which one?
>
> I bought the large and expensive "Lord Krisna's Cuisine" and did
not
> like it.  This is perhaps unfair of me to say as I only tried one
> recipe -- the semolina halva, one of my favourite dishes -- and it
> did NOT turn out like the wonderful halva I get at the temple.
>
> As for the chanting, if you ask them, as I did, how to offer the
food
> they make to Krishna, they'll tell you the procedure although I am
> sure it doesn't get the same effects as they, as celibates, get.

I saw an advert for kitchen staff in their London restaurant
and thought about going for it, I guess it must have applied
just to members of the church. Might be a bit unreasonable to
expect Joe public to chant AND be celibate. Would be nice to
get some tips off the chef though.

My book is the Hare Krishna book of vegetarian cooking, but
I've got another cheap paperback I bought twenty years ago
when one of them stopped me in the street for a donation.
They still sell it in London, good curries and rice dishes,
but it's not got the scope they have in the restaurants. I
think they change it daily according what ingredients they've
got in. Excellent lasagne and ladhus. I'm getting hungry
thinking about it.

I'm also out of posts unless my maths is worse than I thought.