On Jul 17, 2008, at 6:56 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:

IMO there couldn't possibly BE a more cult-like
document.

Actually, it would be a lot more cult-like if it
said folks were *required* to attend the celebration.

Something about this statement kept nagging
at me, and I couldn't figure out what it was
until now.

It's that it displays an absolute ignorance
of the nature of cults. A cult wouldn't HAVE
to require a follower to attend one of its
functions. A cult's control over its followers
is such that they would WANT to attend, and
believe that wanting to was their own idea.

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure they *are* requiring
everyone they can require to come, ie. the pundits, MD and
whatever Purusha is in town.  I'd be really surprised if they
weren't.

Sal